PV Sharks Football - Updates from PVHS Athletics
- Below please find important information from PVHS Athletics!
- Reminder! Practice on Monday is @ 8 am to 10:15 am!
- Pay your Team Activities Fees by going here Team Activities Fee
- TODAY is the last day to Pre-Order Programs! Go here to order 2020 PV Sharks Football Program Pre-Order
Below are the latest updates from the PVHS Athletics Department that were sent out yesterday and today. The three topics include PVHS Athletic Tickets for Fall, PVHS Athletics Fee ($40), and Tickets to the PV @ Nease Varsity game for Varsity Parents. Coach Frank has also asked us to remind parents that we are not to have any spectators at practice, meetings, scrimmages, etc. so please refrain from entering campus. If you are dropping off or picking up your son for practice, please remain in your car.
If you did not receive these updates from PVHS, PVHS Athletics or FHSAA, please reach out to the PVHS Athletics Department to make sure your registration is complete:
- Athletic Director Eric Frank Email Coach Frank or via phone 904-547-7350
- Athletic Secretary Debbie Strauch Email Ms. Strauch or via phone 904-547-7380
- Athletic Trainer Sophia Bellavista Email Ms. Bellavista or via phone 904-547-7350
Ponte Vedra High School Athletic Tickets – Fall
After 6 months, we are excited to have Ponte Vedra Athletics back in action. The past 6 months have brought about unprecedented changes, and we will continue to feel that change this school year. Due to the current global pandemic, The St. Johns County School District has placed a 30% capacity limit at all athletic events in the stadium, gym, and baseball/softball fields. As a result, Ponte Vedra Athletics has established following policies and procedures for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Tickets Online – All athletic events will utilize Go Fan to purchase tickets. This is a cashless online system.
- Home Varsity Football Games – 2 tickets will be allocated per family of Varsity Football Players, Cheerleaders, Dancers, and Band Members.
- Tickets will go on sale the Monday prior to the game on Go Fan. To purchase your two tickets, parents will be sent a private link and that requires your student’s school ID number for access. These tickets must be purchased by Wednesday at 5pm. All remaining tickets will be sold on Friday morning in the courtyard to seniors on a first come first serve basis.
- Varsity Away Football Games – Ticket plans will be communicated one week prior to the game. Priority will be given to parents of varsity football players
- Other Fall Sports – 2 tickets will be allocated per family for student-athletes participating in that evening. To purchase your two tickets, parents will be sent a private link. These ticket purchases must be made by noon on the day of the game. Remaining tickets will be on sale for the general population on Go Fan, and if available at the game.
- Ponte Vedra Athletics thanks you for your flexibility and understanding during these truly unprecedented times. If you have any questions, please contact PVHS Athletic Director, Eric Frank via email or 904-547-7350
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers
1. I have more than one child participating in the event, can I purchase 2 tickets per child? (example siblings on the same team or one child in band and one child on the football team)
Answer – No. Tickets are allocated per family not per child. For varsity football, if you have two children participating use the older child’s school ID to purchase your tickets. If you have twins or triplets use the lowest school ID number.
2. I would like to purchase more than 2 tickets for my family, can I purchase additional tickets?
Answer – Unfortunately you cannot purchase additional tickets. St. Johns County School district has put a 30% capacity limit on all stadium and gym competitions.
3. Will games be live streamed?
Answer – Yes. This summer, PVHS Athletics installed cameras at the stadium and the gym. Information on purchasing a subscription for live streaming of home and select away athletic events will be sent out ASAP.
4. What are the policies and procedures for competitions? Answer – Please see the Spectator Guidelines below.
5. Will the capacity be increased during the season?
Answer – The St. Johns County School District will continue to monitor the situation. We will keep the PVHS community apprised of any changes.
PVHS SPORTING EVENT COVID-19 SPECTATOR GUIDELINES
- The St. Johns County School District has determined 30% facility capacity
- Spectators should conduct a symptom self-assessment on game day. DO NOT come to sport event if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Spectators shall wear a facemask/covering when arriving, going to the restroom, visiting the concession stand, or departing from the sporting event
- It is acceptable to remove mask once spectator is seated in stands
- Maintain 6-feet of social distancing between individuals
- Spectators are restricted from direct competition areas and from visiting with student-athletes and personnel before, during, and after events. Family and friends will not be allowed in the competition area at any time.
- Standing along the fence lines of the field will be prohibited
- Spectators should not congregate in walkways, hallways, common traffic areas or gymnasiums before, during, and after games.
- Athletes are to exit field/facility immediately after post-game meeting and prepare to ride home.
- No congregation of athletes and fans post game.
Ponte Vedra @ Nease 9/11/2020
Nease HighSchool has provided 150 tickets for Ponte Vedra High School for the Varsity Football Game on 9/11/2020. These tickets will only be sold to parents of student- athletes on the Varsity Football Team.
- On Tuesday 9/8 and Wednesday 9/9 during lunch, varsity football players will be eligible to purchase 2 tickets per family.
- Tickets cost is $8.00. Please bring cash or check. If bringing cash, exact amount is preferred.
- Tickets will be sold in the breezeway between the front office and the media center.
- Do not lose your tickets, lost tickets will not be replaced.
- On Game Day, be sure to have your tickets with you as you arrive at Nease.
- Mask and social distancing will be required.
PONTE VEDRA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS FEE
The purpose of the Student-Athlete Registration Fee is to help combat the rising costs associated with operating a high school athletics department. This fee will help cover the following expenses:
- Transportation to regular season athletic competitions
- Game officials
- FHSAA membership and other fees
- Field and facility maintenance
- Sports Medicine
- Security and ambulance service
The 2020-21 fee will be as follows: $40.00 Per Sport
This fee must be paid prior to the student- athlete participating in his/her first contest. Ponte Vedra Athletics appreciates your attention and compliance in regards to payment of this fee. If you have any questions or concerns, please call (904) 547-7380.
Two options for payment. The preferred option is Schoolpay, see link below. You may also pay by check, submit this form with a check made out to Ponte Vedra High school. In the memo line list student-athletes name and sport they are patriating in.
Visit School Pay to login or set up a new account.
The PONTE VEDRA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS FEE form can be found here to send a check in PONTE VEDRA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS FEE FORM