PV Sharks Football - Weekly Game Updates
We’ve got a big week…we have our first JV Games of the season, and both JV and Varsity will play for the first time this season in the Shark Tank! This Friday we will honor our Seniors on Senior Night! We are excited to announce that our Game Day Sponsor for Friday Night Lights is Lazzara Orthodontics . Thank you to Lazzara Orthodontics for your generous support of our Sharks!
Rosters for all Games
Varsity, JV A & B Team Rosters can be found here Roster You will find all Rosters and a link to a downloadable copy. Don’t forget to BYOR…Bring Your Own Roster to the games since Programs are not yet ready!
Volunteer Needs for This Week
We still need to fill the following roles in order to run successful games this week! Please go here to sign up PV Sharks Football Volunteer Sign up
- Concession stand x 1 (B game)
- Concession stand x 1 (A game)
- Chain gang x 1 (B game)
- Chain gang x 1 (A game)
- Concession stand x 3
- Chain gang x 2
We can also offer volunteer hours for the concession stand, however only 2 students are allowed in the concessions stand per game. If all spots are full contact Rachel Clarke via email Rachel Clarke or phone 904-910-2744 to let her know of your interest.
Game Tickets for the Week & Live Stream Info
Tickets for the Friday Varsity Game can be purchased here GO FAN VARSITY TEAM TICKETS
- Two Tickets per Family
- Use your Child’s School ID number. If you have more than one child participating in the evening use your oldest child’s ID number. If you have twins or triplets use the lowest ID number.
- Tickets must be purchased by Wednesday night at 8pm.
Live Stream Info
Live streaming for Varsity and JV will be available. Visit NFHS Network to register
Many Thanks to our sponsors for Feeding Our Sharks this week! These generous sponsors are providing the pre-game meal for our games this week. Please support our sponsors who support our team!
Information about Game Day & Pre-Game Meal
On Game Day (both JV and Varsity), Pre-game meals will be provided following dismissal. After school, players will head to the cafeteria, and follow the same Covid protocols as set forth during the school day plus some additional precautions to keep our players healthy:
- tables at least 6 feet apart and limit 4 students per table
- students may remove masks while eating when they are properly socially distanced
- Space apart students walking through food service line
- No reaching into communal containers
- Pre packaged food items when possible
- Hand sanitizer available
- Volunteers wearing masks & gloves
HOUSEKEEPING! FEES PAST DUE
PAST DUE– TEAM ACTIVITIES FEE
We still have some players that haven’t paid their team Activities Fee. This fee is required for your son to play football. The Team Activities Fee of $200.00 per player covers a variety of items including shirts for workouts and volunteer activities, snacks and any team meal not covered under our sponsored meals, uniform updates, equipment, team-building activities throughout the season and other items as necessary to ensure our coaches are able to run a successful football program. Each Player is responsible for the $200 Team Activities Fee. Go here to pay Team Activities Fee
IN ADDITION TO THE $200 TEAM ACTIVITIES FEE, PLAYERS ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR THE $40 ATHLETE REGISTRATION FEE
PAST DUE – ATHLETE REGISTRATION FEE
- The 2020-21 fee will be as follows: $40.00 Per Sport
- This fee must be paid prior to the student- athlete participating in his/her first contest. Ponte Vedra Athletics appreciates your attention and compliance in regards to payment of this fee
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call (904) 547-7380.
- Visit School Pay or the Athletics Page at PVHS
Friday Mornings @ Metro Diner!
WE CAN DO BETTER! It is time to SHOW UP IN FULL FORCE to Metro Diner on Game Day Fridays @ 7:30 am! Last Friday morning kicked off the game day tradition of going to breakfast as a Varsity team. JV players have always been included and can be dropped off by their parents and upperclassmen will drive them to school. Metro Diner has been one of our valued sponsors since they opened. They have provided countless delicious meals to our team for years. They have struggled during the pandemic and are now closing at 3pm in order to stay in business. Even though they are in this predicament, they have generously signed on to feed our boys this season for pre-game meals ($4,000 cost to them and staff cost). The coach reminded the boys of this tradition all week…Metro put additional staff on and only 5 boys show up last Friday. WE CAN DO BETTER! We live in a great community and we need to support each other through this unprecedented time. Please send your boys to eat this Friday at 7:30 am to Metro Diner! It’s a win-win..they will eat great meal (players pay for their own meal) and enjoy priceless team bonding!! Thanks and Go Sharks!!
On-Going Practice Schedule
- M, T, W Lifts if not in class (9TH GRADE WILL LIFT ON FRIDAYS)
- Monday practice 4-6:30
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Varsity meetings @ 8:30 am
- Tuesday practice 4-6:30
- Wednesday practice 3-5:15
- Thursday practice 4-5:15 Varsity Only
- Friday 9th Grad Lifts
September 17 JV vs Nease Home Game 5:30 B/7:00 A
September 18 7:30 am METRO DINER — ALL TEAM
September 18 Varsity Home Game vs. Palatka 7 pm SENIOR NIGHT, Game Day Sponsor Lazzara Orthodontics